Monthly Archives: June 2015
DobolP, a local news media in Nueva Ecija, has featured MASIPAG and its work on sustainable agriculture and its campaign against Golden Rice. Nueva Ecija is one of the leading rice producing provinces in the country, however, chemical-based farming is prevalent among the bigger farms and landholdings. Lately however, the push for a safer and healthier rice production has been growing in the province.
Click the link below to view their interview:
Our Regional Office in the Visayas based in Jaro, Iloilo City is looking for a passionate individual with high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of AREA COORDINATOR. He/she will be responsible in ensuring effective and efficient coordination and implementation of MASIPAG programs and activities in Northern part of Negros Island and Central Visayas and must meet the following qualifications:
1. A graduate of agriculture or social science-related courses;
2. With at least 2 years of experience in Development Work, experience in community organizing is an advantage;
3. Male or Female, not more than 45 years old;
4. Can speak or understand Visayan dialects (Cebuano, Waray and Hiligaynon);
5. Live in either Cebu, Bohol or Negros, or willing re-locate in the Visayas region;
6. Willing to travel to different areas of the cluster or region;
7. With strong written and oral communication skills;
8. With proven dedication to her/his work;
9. A team player;
10. Can work under pressure and under minimal supervision; and
11. Has working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, power point presentation & Excel.
He / she will assume leadership in ensuring effective and efficient coordination, implementation and monitoring of MASIPAG programs and activities in the assigned areas.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement strategic organizational and farmer-leadership building interventions at the levels of the farmers organizations (POs)
2. Facilitate smooth coordination and effective complementation of MASIPAG programs and activities with member-NGOs and other partners in the provinces covered;
3. Facilitate consolidation and expansion activities at the level of the POs and the PCBs in the cluster, and initiate necessary and effective resolution of program-related problems and conflicts as they arise;
4. Develop pool of farmer-leaders and farmer-trainers in the POs; and in the province and enhance their organizational and technical capability, for them to respond to the objective needs of their own organization, and of new POs/farmer-communities;
5. Monitor, gather and document relevant data concerning the status and progress of program implementation;
6. Periodically update the data base of PO membership and farmer-practitioners
Accountability: Reports directly to the Regional Coordinator
Interested applicants may send / email their resume and application letter addressed to:
Ms. Georita G. Pitong
Zone 5, San Isidro-Tabuc Suba
Jaro, Iloilo City
Telephone: (033) 501-1361
Deadline of submission is on June 26, 2015.