MASIPAG is a farmer-led network of people’s organizations, non-government organizations and scientists working towards the sustainable use and management of biodiversity through farmers’ control of genetic and biological resources, agricultural production and associated knowledge. Our main mission is to improve the quality of life of resource-poor farmers.
We are looking for a regional coordinator for our unit in Mindanao who will manage the operations of MASIPAG in Mindanao together with the Regional Project Management Team. The Regional Coordinator coordinates and oversees the activities of member-organizations, provincial bodies, non-government organizations and local scientists. S/he reports to the Regional Project Management Team and the National Executive Committee of MASIPAG.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate region-wide activities of POs, NGOs, local scientist and members of MASIPAG in the region
- Build network and link with other Sustainable Agriculture advocates and partners.
- Facilitate quarterly meetings of the Regional Project Management Team (RPMT).
- Monitor, evaluate and feedback on the status of the network plan implementation with the RPMT.
- Represent the region in the Executive Committee meetings and other national and regional activities of MASIPAG.
- Supervise regional staff.
- Catalyze/facilitate/oversee day-to-day implementation of the Regional Plan.
- Submits quarterly report to the Regional Project Management Team and the Executive Committee.
- Perform tasks delegated by the chairperson of the RPMT.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pro-farmer; must be familiar with MASIPAG’s work.
- Knowledge about sustainable agriculture, a degree in Agriculture or related fields is preferable.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the issues being promoted and confronted by MASIPAG.
- A team player
- With excellent organizing and facilitation skills
- With excellent project administration and management skills
- Must have technical skills on Report and Proposal writing
- Must have networking and negotiation skills
- With proven dedication to her/his work
- Willing to travel to different provinces within the region
Interested parties please email applications and CV directly to:
Dr. Chito Medina