MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
Our regional office in Luzon is looking for a dynamic, self-driven individual who is committed to make his/her contribution to development work.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator on Climate Change Resilience who can assume leadership in planning, coordination and operationalization of the component activities of the Climate Change Resiliency Program. He or she will work in close coordination with MASIPAG Area Coordinators and the local partner organizations and people’s organizations (POs) on the ground.
Specific tasks include:
1. Initiating the planning and implementation of the program component activities and discussing results and assessment with the immediate supervisor;
2. Conducting needs assessment of the POs and their communities and facilitating the implementation of climate change resilience building interventions;
3. Assisting or guiding the POs in planning for the development of community-wide sustainable and resilient farming practices and in the assessment of the same;
4. Initiating linkage building and resource mobilization with capable groups, organizations or institutions in support to the needs of assisted communities and POs;
5. Innovating ways in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation;
6. Enhancing the functioning of the committee system of the POs and strengthen the practice of Bayanihan system;
7. Monitoring and documenting successful resilient practices and experiences of assisted communities and their organization;
8. Preparing and submitting required reports to immediate supervisor;
9. Performing other tasks as may be delegated by immediate supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to the Regional Coordinator
Interested applicants may send their application letter and resume to email@example.com addressed to:
Mr. Eugene Britanico