MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG National Secretariat Office is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of National Advocacy Staff. He/she shall assist in the implementation of the National Advocacy Campaign and National Information Communication Plan thru:
- Conceptualization, writing, and dissemination of information materials such as primers, pamphlets, and audio-video materials in a simplified and popularized manner;
- Coordination of layout, design, and printing; social media and website content generation
- Organizing and coordinating information education activities such as conferences, fora, and advocacy training/seminars;
- Dissemination of updates, policy analysis, and positions of MASIPAG regarding issues affecting the network;
- Provide analysis and/or stand on issues confronting farmers and simplify/popularize them thru primers, statements, audio-video materials, or other advocacy work programs to create favorable public opinion;
- Research and documentation of cases that may support the advocacy work of the organization;
- Monitor updates on pressing issues concerning farmers.
- Bringing the issues concerning farmers to the public/broader masses through the media (thru press releases, press briefings, radio/ TV guests, social media, LTTE, etc;)
- Establishing linkages, participating, representing, or forming alliances or networks with NGOs, POs, church groups, FOs, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting capacity-building activities for farmers on advocacy work such as training, skills enhancement, advocacy conferences, etc;
- Formulation of comprehensive plans and management campaigns on issues affecting small and resource-poor farmers on the national level and coordinate and assist regions in their regional/local campaigns;
- Other tasks that the Unit Head or the National Coordinator may assign.
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mr. Alfie Pulumbarit, MASIPAG National Coordinator. The deadline for submission is July 1, 2022.