MASIPAG Visayas is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of climate change program officer.
He/she will assume leadership in the planning, coordination, and operationalization of the climate change resiliency program component activities in close coordination with MASIPAG cluster coordinators and the local partner organizations and POs on the ground in the Visayas Region.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Initiates the planning and implementation of the program component activities and discuss results and assessment with the immediate supervisor;
- Conducts needs assessment of the POs and their communities and facilitate the implementation of climate change resilience-building interventions;
- Assist or guide the POs in planning for the development of community-wide sustainable and resilient farming practices and in the assessment of the same;
- Initiates linkage building and resource mobilization with capable groups, organizations, or institutions in support of the needs of assisted communities and POs;
- Innovates ways in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation;
- Enhance the functioning of the committee system of the POs and strengthen the practice of the Bayanihan system;
- Monitor and document successful resilient practices and experiences of assisted communities and their organization;
- Prepares and submits required reports to the immediate supervisor;
- Perform other tasks as may be delegated by the immediate supervisor.
Interested individuals may send their applications to email@example.com addressed to Ms. Georita Pitong, MASIPAG Visayas Regional Coordinator. The Deadline for submission is July 20, 2022.