MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG Mindanao Office is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of Regional Advocacy Officer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient planning and implementation of MASIPAG’s advocacy work and campaigns in Mindanao. The responsibilities and obligations of the Regional Advocacy Staff are as follows:
- Heads the advocacy unit of the Mindanao region;
- Spearheads the formulation of comprehensive regional plans and manages campaigns on issues affecting small and resource-poor farmers on the national and international level and coordinates and assists clusters in their local campaigns;
- Spearheads the capacity building for farmers on advocacy work including training, advocacy skills development, and mobilization management;
- May represent Masipag in regional networks and other formations in advocacy-related activities;
- Represent MASIPAG in lobbying activities with officials at the regional level and craft ordinances/ resolutions/ policy statements regarding issues;
- Establish linkages, participate, represent or form alliances or networks with NGOs, POs, church groups, FOs, and other stakeholders at the regional level;
- Monitor updates on pressing issues concerning farmers;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mr. Leo XL Fuentes, MASIPAG Mindanao Regional Coordinator. The deadline for submission is February 10, 2023.