MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG Luzon Office is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of Regional Climate Change Resiliency (CCR) Program Officer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient planning and implementation of MASIPAG’s climate change resiliency work and campaigns in Luzon. The responsibilities and obligations of the Regional CCR Officer are as follows:
- Initiates the planning and implementation of the program component activities;
- Conducts needs assessment of the POs and their communities and facilitates the implementation of climate change resilience-building interventions;
- Assist or guide the POs in planning for the development of community-wide sustainable and resilient farming practices and in the assessment of the same;
- Initiates linkage building and resource mobilization with capable groups, organizations, or institutions in support of the needs of assisted communities and POs;
- Innovates ways in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation;
- Enhance the functioning of the committee system of the POs and PCBs and strengthen the practice of the Bayanihan system;
- Monitor and document successful resilient practices and experiences of assisted communities and their organization;
- Prepares and submits required reports to Regional Coordinator; and
- Perform other tasks as may be delegated by the Regional Coordinator.
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ms. Rowena Buena, MASIPAG Luzon Regional Coordinator. The deadline for submission is February 15, 2023.