MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG Luzon Office is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of Area Coordinator for MIMAROPA Cluster. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient planning and implementation of MASIPAG’s programs in the provinces of the MIMAROPA Region. The responsibilities and obligations of the Area Coordinator are as follows:
- Facilitate /assist in the conduct of PCB meetings and occasionally, PO meetings as necessary;
- Facilitate training needs assessment and conduct of training;
- Provide necessary assistance for Farmer – Trainers/farmer-leader development;
- Conduct PO monitoring;
- Assist with PO formation and expansion;
- Facilitate linkage to LGUs, Academe, NGOs, and other allies;
- Facilitate /assist in PO and PCB conflict handling and management;
- Facilitate/assist PO research & documentation;
- Assist in the formation of PCB and strengthening of PCB Committees; and
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Interested individuals may send their applications to email@example.com addressed to Ms. Rowena Buena, MASIPAG Luzon Regional Coordinator. The deadline for submission is March 30, 2023.