MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG National Secretariat is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of Technical Staff.
The responsibilities and obligations of the MASIPAG National Technical Staff are as follows:
- Along with the Research, Education and Training Unit, initiates planning and implementation of the program component activities of the MASIPAG Technical program at the national level;
- Gathers and keeps up-to-date MASIPAG National back up farm data, network-wide data on seed collection and ongoing breeding initiatives, vegetables and livestock;
- Assists the unit with the production of information materials, publications and community-based trainings pertaining to seed conservation and improvement, development of sustainable agroecosystems, farmer innovations among others
- Develop and conduct research and documentation of successful experiences on seed systems, sustainable agriculture and innovation;
- Build linkage building with scientists, capable groups, organizations or institutions to enhance the program;
- Development or update of tools in evaluation of program components such as monitoring of rice collection, adaptation, farmers innovations among others
- Enhance the functioning of the Technical Committee to ensure seed flow, trial farm strategies, seed conservation, development of sustainable agroecosystems, livestock integration among others;
- Facilitate discussion leading towards defining systems, policies, procedures and guidelines for the implementation of the program;
- Innovates ways in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation;
- Monitor and document progress of program implementation;
- Prepares and submits required reports to Unit Coordinator; and
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the national and unit coordinator
- Other considerations
- Willing to be based in Nueva Ecija
- Supports the NBUF Manager of the BUF operations and activities
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mr. Alfie Pulumbarit, National Coordinator. The deadline for submission is April 30, 2023.