MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG Mindanao is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of Area/Cluster Coordinator. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient coordination and implementation of MASIPAG Programs in the Western Mindanao Region (Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Misamis Occidental).
The area coordinator will spearhead the development of the MASIPAG network’s programs in their respective areas of responsibility. The responsibilities and obligations of the Area Coordinator are as follows:
- Coordinate with farmer leaders and trainers in the conduct of various MASIPAG Sustainable Agriculture activities
- Facilitate the conduct of training needs analysis, and skills training among others to develop farmer trainers, leaders, and farmer organizations
- Coordinate MASIPAG-related activities in her/his area of responsibilities (AOR)
- Assist in the consolidation, organizational strengthening, and expansion of People’s Organizations (PO) involved in the MASIPAG Network within the Area Cluster
- Assist in the development of social infrastructure for the efficient/effective implementation of the Sustainable Agriculture (SA) program of MASIPAG members in her/his AOR
- Facilitate marketing needs of PO’s thru the MASIPAG Farmers Guarantee System (MFGS)
- Coordinate lobbying work with Local Government Units, development organizations, academe and farmer’s groups to further MASIPAG’s programs and advocacies
- · Provide technical assistance to other clusters when needed
- · Perform task/s that may be assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mr. Leo XL Fuentes, MASIPAG Mindanao Regional Coordinator. The deadline for submission is August 10, 2023.