MASIPAG (Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura, Farmer-Scientist Partnership), is a nationwide network of farmers’ organizations, scientists, and non-government organizations working to empower resource-poor Filipino farmers through their control of seeds and biological resources, agricultural production and technologies, and associated knowledge.
MASIPAG National Secretariat is looking for a passionate individual with a high sense of volunteerism to fill in the position of National Climate Change Resiliency (CCR) Program Officer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient planning and implementation of MASIPAG’s climate change resiliency work and campaigns at the national level.
The responsibilities and obligations of the MASIPAG National CCR Officer are as follows:
- Initiates planning and implementation of the program component activities of the MASIPAG Climate Change Resiliency program at the national level;
- Spearheads the development of modules, discussion guides and trainings on Climate Change, Climate Resiliency and Climate Justice;
- Analyze relevant policies and laws regarding climate change and drafts ordinances and/or policies relating to climate resiliency and climate justice
- Conducts research and documentation of successful experiences on climate change, adaptation, mitigation, rehabilitation and policy advocacy;
- Development or update of tools in identifying climate risks, quick response mechanisms among communities
- Enhance the functioning of the committee system of the Provincial Coordinating Body in the regions and help strengthen the practice of Bayanihan system;
- Initiates linkage building and resource mobilization with capable groups, organizations or institutions in support to the needs of assisted communities and POs in the regions;
- Set-up plans and define systems, policies, procedures and guidelines for the implementation of the program and specific responses during calamities;
- Innovates ways in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the program implementation;
- Monitor progress of program implementation;
- Prepares and submits required reports to National Coordinator; and
- Perform other tasks as may be delegated by the National Coordinator.
Interested individuals may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mr. Alfie Pulumbarit, National Coordinator. The deadline for submission is February 29, 2024